Note to the Man in the White House. Please respect our flag and country. The national anthem and flag represent far more than a song and a banner. We need you to do the following:
– start telling the truth, at the very least more often than you do not;
– start acting like a leader and not bullying people, picking fights with citizens or allies, and denigrating the efforts of your staff – your Secretary of State should not be belittled for being diplomatic with North Korea, e.g.
– start calling out groups of people who demean the civil rights of others – follow the lead of the head of the Air Force Academy whose admonition of those who treated people unfairly went viral saying if you can’t treat people of all races and ethnic groups with respect, then get out;
– start doing more homework and seek input from those who know the subject matter – I understand your craving for loyalty, but complex issues need competence;
– start acknowledging when criticism has merit and stop attacking the critic – given how much you misrepresent issues and possible solutions. criticism may be warranted; and
– start acting like a leader we expect in the President.
If you continue to act like a man-child who cannot treat people with dignity and respect, then using the words of the Air Force Academy leader, get out. We have real problems and do not need you making them worse with your behavior and lack of due diligence.