It would not be a surprise to know that the US Congress and White House are highly dysfunctional. They have long ago forgotten why they are there. It seems opinions of the donors and oligarchy are the only ones that matter. We need to make our voice louder and consistent. Irrespective of any party affiliation, we must cease with the tribal BS. The party you support does make mistakes, many of them. Don’t just accept them because they are made by folks in your tribe. And, if you think it is only the other party, think again.
Please call your Senators, Congressperson and President and tell them messages they need to hear.
- Please do not pass a Tax Bill that favors the elite and tell us it does not do so. That is an insult and a lie.
- Please do not pass a Tax Bill that increases our debt. It is expected by the CBO to go up by $10 trillion and will be over $30 trillion in 2027 without the Tax Bill. What do you plan to do about it?
- Please do not support candidates that are legitimately accused by multiple women of sexual assault. If a party supports a candidate or incumbent who defames the office, they need to be chastised openly and continuously.
- Please cease kowtowing to the whims of donors that get you to make less prudent decisions such as pulling out of the Paris Climate Change Accord or freeing gun rights even more, when we need to govern guns better.
- Please work together to improve the Affordable Care Act and make it more sustainable, ceasing efforts to undermine the imperfect law.
- Please support the rights of every American and cease beating up on the media. They are hard-working people who try to get it right. If they admit mistakes, that is a sure sign of good intent. We could learn from that.
That is all for now. Do call them. Emailing using their template is fine, but you will tend to get a form letter. If you leave an email, ask them to call you. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY! We need to take it back.