Our diligent and thorough blogging friend, Gronda, wrote a post regarding answers to questions that Republican Party leadership provided GOP candidates. Most of the questions are of many of the messes the President finds himself in of his making, but truly miss the boat on where Republicans and the President have failed to address larger US and global issues.
There is plenty to ask about of these legislators. Here are a few of my questions:
– why are you allowing the easier maltreatment of our environment by industry?
– why are you supporting leaving the Paris Climate Change Accord ignoring the rest of the world?
– why have you failed to address our water concerns in Flint and similar places?
– why have you not only ignored our rapidly rising and expensive debt, but made it worse?
– why have you stood by and let the President trash and cut our diplomacy staff and bully our allies?
– why are we placing tariffs on everyone, without concern for past failures and ignoring better channels to address China involving our allies?
– why have you not listened to Americans and improve the ACA actually harming it instead?
– why have you not done anything to materially address gun governance?
– why have you allowed a President to trash our hard working people in important government departments to create an illusion of conspiracy to save his hind end?
– why have you tolerated a President who believes the civil rights of whites matter more than that of other races?
– why are we doing things to make our poverty problem worse, not better?
– why have we not addressed infrastructure with our significant needs and resulting job creation when interest rates were lower?
That is a start. These folks have a lot to answer to. To be frank, all Americans should be asking these questions, but if I were a young person, I would be even more alarmed. Just with climate change and growing debt, this party is screwing our youth.
But, there is so much more. I am an Independent voter who left the GOP over ten years ago because of their failure to speak to the truth on real problems – Trump has made it worse and his followers have been conned to believe the opposite.