Since my mind is wandering on this mid-week, mid-month day, let me offer a few thoughts for consumption and reaction.
– when I was involved with mergers between organizations, the mantra had to be focus on doing your job, not keeping your job; it became obvious when folks did the latter;
– political leaders tend to ignore this rule; retired Senators and Congresspeople said about 35% to 40% of their time is fundraising, leaving only the remainder to do the people’s work;
– the US president is even worse and expects his staff to do the same; rather than try to solve problems, he spends too much time blaming others for his failures and taking credit for things he had little to do with;
– defenders of the president say he is not a racist; well if that is the case he needs to stop doing, saying and tweeting racist things; there is a reason 67% of Americans disapprove of his handling of the racial injustice issues – to be brutally frank, it surprises me it is that low; and
– finally, ordering people to reopen schools or be punished follows the president’s instigation to reopen businesses without caution is unwise; the COVID-19 uptick is not a surprise; governors are explaining how could they have known, but my question is how could they not have known the risk? Pandemics do not care about one’s politics.
Let me know what you think about these wanderings. Feel free to share yours.