As we stew over those extra holiday pounds and think of possible New Year’s resolutions, let me state the obvious. From one imperfect person to another, we are ALL fixer uppers. So, we could benefit from a few touch ups. All of us.
To remind us of how imperfect we are, here are few truisms to think about.
– Everyone thinks they are better than average, but in actuality that is not possible.
– The customer is not always right, but they are the customer. Yet, being the customer does not give you license to be a jerk.
– It takes at least two people to have a communication problem. It may not be 50/50, but both sides are almost always at fault to some extent.
– Opinions are like rectums. Everyone has one. (I cleaned this one up). It does not make them or you right.
– Saying it is my fault is not a crime. It is actually welcome to fess up. Others, with some degree of fault, might even admit theirs.
– Saying thank you is important, as we need to recognize people do not have to help you.
– One of the greatest gifts is the gift of time. Be generous with yours and try not to waste another person’s time.
– Finally, please remember the most intolerant of people require the most tolerance from others in dealing with them. Sometimes it is better to just reduce or eliminate exposure to such toxic people.
I hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday season. Let’s set some reasonable and sustainable resolutions for 2019. We could ALL use some fixing up.